RESEARCH OF SOCIAL SCIENCES (SMC-PRIVATE) LIMITED(ROSS) & PAKISTAN SOCIAL SCIENCES REVIEW (PSSR) adheres to Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial 4.0 International License. The authors submitting and publishing in PSSR agree to the copyright policy under creative common license 4.0 (Attribution-Non Commercial 4.0 International license). Under this license, the authors published in PSSR retain the copyright including publishing rights of their scholarly work and agree to let others remix, tweak, and build upon their work non-commercially. All other authors using the content of PSSR are required to cite author(s) and publisher in their work. Therefore, RESEARCH OF SOCIAL SCIENCES (SMC-PRIVATE) LIMITED(ROSS) & PAKISTAN SOCIAL SCIENCES REVIEW (PSSR) follow an Open Access Policy for copyright and licensing.
How to Cite
Relevance of the Partition in the Strategic Relations in Pakistan and India
Strategic Relations between India and Pakistan are very important factor to study geostrategic politics of south Asian region. Postcolonial states of Pakistan, India and Bangladesh are successors to British Colonial India and relations between these states have been affected number of times by historical facts and fiction associated with partition of India. Pakistan and India are result of partition of British India and accessions of native Indian states. British India was directly ruled by the British administration and they divided these areas according to the agreed formula of All India Muslim League and Indian National Congress that was nearly 60 percent of the territory colonial India. Remaining 40 percent territorial division of India was in the hands of rulers of Princely states. Shedding the light on the areas incorporated in Pakistan after partition of India in the results of decisions of the rulers of native Indian states had made this study quite unique and interested especially when Pakistan and China are developing the China Pakistan economic corridor.
Lecturer, Government Post Graduate College Hafizabad, Punjab Pakistan
Karim Haider Syed
Lecturer, Pakistan Study Centre, University of the Punjab , Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
Bengal, British India, India, Pakistan, Partition, Princely States, Punjab Radcliffe Award